Tyche's Monthly Challenge (January 2013): Happy Birthday, Tyche! by TycheSong
Happy Birthday, Tyche! Challenge
Ladies and Gents (and Other) of The Maple Bookshelf, I, TycheSong, challenge you thusly:
It’s my birthday today (01 January 2013). So I challenge you to write either
1) a rare-pair from Harry Potter, or
2) any pairing at all from one of my other favourite fandoms!
The Parameters of the Challenge:
-The story must be completed by 31 January, 2013. You are, as always, free to add to it afterwards or write a sequel, but the entry must readable as a complete story by the end of the month.
- The story must be at least 1,000 words, and can be as long as you like!
- The story must be from one of the following fandoms: Firefly, Dr. Who, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Labyrinth, Veronica Mars or Harry Potter. If you have another fandom in mind, don't hesitate to run it by me, chances are, I'll say yes despite this silly rule.
- Special gold star if you write a fandom new to you or a crossover!
- Should you choose to write in the Harry Potter ’Verse, it must be a rare-pair. Furthermore, Pansy Parkinson and Lord Voldemort do not get to have speaking roles. Because it’s my birthday and I say so.
- You do not have to officially sign up, just join in, and let an admin know that you want your finished story added to the challenge.
-Pick a prompt, any prompt, and away you go!
The Challenge Prompts:
(You do not have to follow them exactly)
1) She barely heard the crowd around them counting down as they kissed.
2) “I don’t care if you are only twenty-eight. You have five cats. I’m saving you from spinsterhood.”
3) “Give me that. Champagne is not a food group.”
4) He loved the song Auld Lang Syne; it always felt like coming home.
5) “I don’t care if it was wrong. You were perfect; we were perfect. It didn’t matter if we weren’t supposed to be.”
6) It was a beautiful disaster in the way that only weddings really can be.
Banner brought to you by the marvelous SusanMarieR.
[ Report This