Tyche's Monthly Challenge: (October 2012) Something Wicked This Way Comes! by TycheSong
Tyche's Monthly Challenge: Something Wicked This Way Comes!
Ladies and Gents (and Other) of The Maple Bookshelf, I, TycheSong, challenge you thusly:
Spin me a tale of life after death! Tell me of your ghosts, vampires and zombies--resurrect a character, part the veil, or have them guard as a spirit from beyond the grave!
The Parameters of the Challenge:
- The story must be at least 1,000 words, and can be as long as you like!
- This story can be a fan-fic or original work!
- As usual, it must be completed work by the end of the month: 31 October 2012.
- This is not going to be an anonymous challenge this time, so post it as you would a normal story, then inform one of the mods so that it can be properly added to the challenge category.
- One of your main characters has to have died sometime in the past. It can be a resurrected character, a ghost/spirit, a vampire, a zombie/infiri, or the whole story can take place in the "afterlife" if you wish, but the characater has to have experianced death at some point. If you have questions about what does or doesn't count, dont hesitate to e-mail me or comment and ask!
The Challenge Prompts:
(You may quote these directly or merely use them to inspire, as you prefer)
1) "What are you? A shade sent to punish me for my part in what happened? We were children!"
2) "Just because you can't touch me doesn't mean I can't feel you!"
3) "People used to believe that Revenants were the hand-picked tools of the gods."
4) "I never thought I would see you again. Do...Can the dead feel love?"
5) "Well, preferably we ride off into the horizon after sunset, but that was the general idea, yes."
6) "Don't look at me like I'm being silly! The last time I crossed a black cat, I died!"
If you have questions about the challenge, or to inform me that you have submitted your story and would like it added to the challenge, you can e-mail me at TycheSong@hotmail.com or TycheSong@gmail.com. Be sure to include your TMB screenname, otherwise I might not recognize you!
Official banner for October brought to you by the brilliant and sweet AnneM! :-)
[ Report This
He was supposed to be dead, but now everyone claimed he was back... as a ghost. Hermione didn't believe in all that rubbish. She didn't believe in ghosts or people coming back from the dead. Why, she didn't even really believe in love, because he was her first love, but he left her all alone, and she wasn't sure she could ever forgive him for that.
They don't have a ghost of a chance of finding their way back to each other, whether he's really alive or not.
(Written for The Maple Bookshelf's 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' October 2012 Challenge. Prompt used: "I never thought I'd see you again. Can the dead feel love?")
Updated: Nov 04, 2012; Published: Oct 07, 2012
[ Report This