Tyche's Monthly Challenge: (September 2012) Oktoberfest! by TycheSong
Tyche's Monthly Challenge: Oktoberfest!
Ladies and Gents (and Other) of The Maple Bookshelf, I, TycheSong, challenge you thusly:
In honour of our esteemed fearless leader, the closing of the Northern Hemisphere’s summer months, and the anniversary of King Ludwig I marriage to Princess Therese in 1810…write a story that takes place during Munich’s famed Wiesn (“Oktoberfest”).
The Parameters of the Challenge
- The story must be at least 1000 words, and can be as long as you like.
- This challenge story can be fan-fic OR original!
- It MUST be a completed and posted story by 30 September. You are, as always, free to add to it after or write sequels, but the story must be readable as a complete work by the due date.
- We are, once again, attempting to keep the stories anonymous. To this end I ask that you please inform me of your participation so that I can send you the correct information that you need to post.
The Challenge Prompts:
1. “Wait a moment…You’re still not drunk yet? It’s four-o-clock. What have you been doing all day?”
2. “I am not dressing up in lederhosen. Not for the parade, not for pictures, not even for you. Well...maybe for you. You have to say please, though.”
3. “Why do you always like me when you’ve been drinking, and then turn back into a harpy when you’re not?”
4. “You’re a doctor? But…I thought you were a bartender...”
5. “That’s not her cat, actually. It’s the Märzen. It always makes _______ think (s)he knows how to yodel…”
6. “Wiesn, not Wien! Idiot. That’s a city. In Austria. Where did you say you are you from?”
To sign up or if you have any questions, please e-mail me at TycheSong@hotmail.com or TycheSong@gmail.com with the subject heading “September Challenge.” Don’t forget to include your TMB screen name, otherwise I may not recognize you! Happy writing!
Official banner for you to use brought to you by the talented and lovely Savva!
[ Report This
Despite your best efforts, there is no hiding your deeds from your closest friends... Harry and Hermione tried – and failed.
Updated: Sep 22, 2012; Published: Sep 22, 2012
[ Report This