Tyche's Monthly Challenge: (August 2012) ...It's Hot in Here! by TycheSong
Tyche's Monthly Challenge: ...It's Hot in Here!
(A Team Challenge For Both Writers and Artists)
Ladies and Gents (and Other) of The Maple Bookshelf, I, TycheSong, challenge you thusly:
Write a fic in conjunction with at least one other writer, and and/or artist! The more who enter the merrier, and more exciting the fics will be!
The Parameters of the Challenge
- You MUST sign up by 14 August 2012. On the fifteenth, you will receive your teammate's names/e-mails and may begin. If you do not sign up in time, I cannot guarantee that there will be a spot for you!
- You will be teamed up based on the fandom you specify. These ARE your teammates, and that is part of the challenge; so no swapping and trading behind the scenes.
- This Challenge will be anonymous until after the voting, so once you get your teammates names/emails and story idea, mums the word! (obvious exceptions include your betas)
- Once you have your teammate's e-mails, you have until 31 August to write a story collaboratively. You can each have a different character POV, trade off chapters, or combine author efforts in anyway you like, but the deadline is the end of the month, and your story must be complete at that time. :-)
- Once you have completed your story, you may post it under your team's account (you will receive your password and account name along with your other team information on the fifteenth).
- You MAY sign up twice, once as a writer and once as an artist. If you do so, you will be assigned to two separate teams.
The Challenge Prompts:
You may quote these directly or merely use them to inspire, as you prefer.
1. "We become sad in the first place because we have nothing to do." (Hermon Melville)
2. "Holding her breath, she hid in the closet, and desperately hoped that just this once fate would cut her a break."
3. "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." (Mark Twain)
4. "He knew the kiss would ruin absolutely everything, but he couldn't seem to help himself."
5. "Common sense is not so common." (Voltaire)
6. "I did join the dark side, and would you know it? They weren't lying about the cookies. ______ is an amazing pastry chef."
To Enter: Please fill out the below form and e-mail to either TycheSong@Hotmail.com or TycheSong@Gmail.com
My TMB ScreenName:
My Email: (That I don't mind my teammates having)
I wish to enter as: (Writer or Artist?)
My Preferred Fandom:
Team Banners by the incredible SusanMarieR!!
[ Report This