Tyche's Monthly Challenge: The Secret Santa Fic Gift Exchange! by TycheSong
Tyche's Monthly Challenge: The Secret Santa Fic Gift Exchange!
Ladies and Gents (and Other) of The Maple Bookshelf, I, TycheSong, challenge you thusly:
Write and exchange fic-gifts based on each other’s prompts!
How it works: When you sign up, you’ll be submitting a prompt for a fic you would like to receive for Christmas. On 15 November, you’ll be receiving a prompt from one of the other entrants. You then have six weeks to write a fic based on that prompt for them. At the end of the challenge everyone who entered a prompt should be getting a fic back from someone else!
The prompt exchange will be done by random drawing out of a hat. Writer pairing squicks will be taken into account after the initial drawing and the prompt distribution rearranged accordingly.
The Parameters of the Challenge:
- To participate you must sign up by 14 November 2013.
- If you submit a prompt to be written, you are signing up to write a fic in return. Do not request a fic and then bail on the person waiting on one from you, please.
- The story you write must be based on the prompt you receive.
- The story must be completed by 31 December 2013. This gives you six full weeks to write the fic!
- Keep your prompts reasonable, please, and open enough to be creative with.
- The fic must be at least 1,000 words, and can be as long as you like!
- The prompts and the fics do not have to be Christmas/Holiday themed (but it is encouraged!).
- You may not request a specific author to write for or to receive your prompt.
- This is a Secret Santa gift exchange, and is anonymous. Please do not ruin the surprise! Do not tell people whose prompt you received or post your gift fic under your screen name on any site before the big reveal.
How To Enter:
Fill out the template below, and e-mail it to TycheSong@hotmail.com or TycheSong@gmail.com with the subject heading “Gift Exchange.” If you have any questions about this challenge, need a prompt clarification or an extension for whatever reason, please e-mail me at the same addresses and we will work it out. :-) Thanks, and happy writing! –Tyche
My TMB Screen Name:
My E-mail: (That I don’t mind another member having)
The Pairing(s) I Like: (Please offer from two to five options to choose from)
My Must Haves: (Gotta have it in your fic? Be sure to let your Santa know!)
My Squicks: (Does that quality/ character/rating totally make you cringe? Be sure to mention it!)
[ Report This
Prompt: Hermione's large extended family hold a massive Christmas celebration every year. They are quite close, lots of aunties, uncles and cousins and loving but formidable grandparents. How does Hermione's new (wizard) partner cope with the Muggles and their traditions? (I'm sort of thinking along the line of My Big Fat Greek Wedding if inspiration is lacking, but go where your muse takes you)
Must Haves: Happy ending, Hermione-centric, sex scene(s) is okay but don't feel there has to be one, only if it fits.
My Squicks: Violence; too much angst; bashing (it is Christmas, we'll give everyone a break)
Updated: Jan 06, 2014; Published: Jan 02, 2014