Autumn Festivals and Tales by TycheSong
Ladies and Gents (and Other) of The Maple Bookshelf, I, TycheSong, challenge you thusly:
Write me a tale concerning an autumn festival or tradition. These may include, but are not limited to Hallowe'en, Samhain/Mabon, Oktoberfest or Thanksgiving.
The Parameters of the Challenge
-The story must be completed by 31 October, 2013. This gives you six weeks to complete it! I know you can do it--especially after seeing so what some of you are capable of in only a week!
- The story must be at least 1,000 words, and can be as long as you like!
- To Participate, e-mail your completed fic to submissions(at)themaplebookshelf(dot)com or TycheSong@gmail.com. You must inlude the following header at the top of your document (don't forget your disclaimer if you are writing a fanfic instead of an original fic!):
-Pick a prompt, any prompt, and away you go!
The Challenge Prompts:
(You do not have to follow them exactly)
1) "It's a holiday celebrating food, sweets, and alcohol. What's not to like?"
2) The cat appeared to be supremely unconcerned by the conversation.
3) The only sound was a ghostly scream echoing through the ruins...
4) "I can't believe you just referred to it as your gourd."
5) They used to say that the house on the end of the street was haunted, and they were right.
6) The crisp scent of woodsmoke filled the air.
Happy Harvest all!! Have fun, and don't forget to keep in mind that the Christmas Gift Exchange is coming up!!
[ Report This