The War of the Words (Aug./Sept. '13) by Schuetzenkoenig
So, we're going to do this challenge a little differently. :-) The way this challenge works is that on every Sunday for the next six weeks, a one word prompt is posted. You then have through Saturday to write a fic at least 500 words based on that prompt, and e-mail it to TycheSong@gmail.com.
The following Sunday, all the stories entered will be posted, a new prompt will be released, and the voting will start on the previous week. You can join in any week you like, and sit out any week you like. Points will be awarded thus:
4 points--just for participating in any given week.
3 points--for coming in first any given week.
2 points--for coming in second any given week.
1 point--for coming in third any given week.
2 bonus points--for including an optional situation provided with the prompt.
The writer with the most points at the end of six weeks takes home the winner's banner. :-)
PLEASE READ THE RULES--THEY ARE IMPORTANT.
1) When submitting a fic to any week, you must e-mail it to TycheSong@gmail.com as either a .docx or a .odt document. Do not post it yourself, as they are all being posted anonymously at once.
2) You must submit before midnight pacific time on the Saturday of each week. There are no extensions, no exceptions. Otherwise the whole challenge will get thrown off.
3) Please do not cross post on another site or reveal which story is yours until the whole challenge is over.
4) You do NOT have to sign up. If you'd like to join in, just submit that week, if you want to sit out a week, you do not need to inform me.
5) When submitting, please fill out the provided header below and put it at the top of the document.
[ Report This